Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hello all internet! My name is Anthony, and I am currently enrolled into Florida Southwestern State College. For my EME 2020 we have been tasked with making a blog on our readings, and although I normally do not make blogs: Challenge accepted!

During my readings I have come across many new concepts, and some of which I knew. When I first began my reading my textbook, the section where the different types of technology(ie. Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones) was not foreign to me. This can be attributed to my age as well as my "Digital Childhood" as it is phrased in the textbook.

The first concept I would like to talk about is "Becoming a 21st Century Teacher". I had found a video in which I would like to share:
As was explained, the teaching methods that have been used in the past are quickly being replaced with technology ranging from 3D printers to virtual reality headsets.

The second concept in which I care to explain is the 'Technology Based Learning Environment." A technology based learning environment, as my textbook defines it, "Allows new possibilities of extending the classroom beyond the school day." This means that as a teacher the students in which you teach have far more opportunities to learn and absorb the information you wish to teach.

The final concept in which I would like to talk about is " Technology and students." Teaching has never been as"Modernized" as it is today, and this creates even more responsibility for teachers. As students begin to learn, teachers are to stay informed about new technologies that can be used in the classroom.

Now is about time to conclude this post, so I ask my professor to let me know what I missed(I certainly screwed up somewhere.)
-Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment